DIY: Ombre Shirt.
Again, inspired by Dulcecandy87 blog post about her DIY sooo I decided to try to do it on my own as well as getting started on my other projects I’ve been wanting to do.
(These are some shorts I’m cutting up for another different project… I didn’t get to take the picture of the shirt I’m going to be using… but its just a regular “denim looking shirt I purchased at Walmart for $7) I just had to give you guys a sneak peek of what’s next on the project list! :) (Fray high wasted shorts, studs, and using fabric dye to turn it into a baby pink color!) Coming sooooon!
This is the bleaching process which took forever for me because of my lack of patience! lol… but it took an hour or two to completely whiten.
As you can see (Denim shorts on left, and shirt is on right) The shirt is finally getting there while my shorts are taking a little bit too long! -___-‘
While your waiting, have your boyfriend paint your nails to kill time! lol
FINALLY BLEACHED. Lawwwdheddmercyy.
Okay well, I forgot to take a picture throughout this process… when you begin to start on your dying process you wanna get HOT HOT HOT water and add a cup of salt. You wanna pour some of the dye in and stir and stick the section of your shirt that you want the “lighter” color to appear. Then, after 15 minutes you want to add more dye to deepen the color to create the “ombre” effect. Oh and excuse the squished hefty cup! LMFAO.
The dye I used. Pretty satisfied. I’ve only used the powder dye before but, the liquid does justice so far!
Soooo far so good!… I really wanted a yellow color but, my dumba** got orange instead because I was rushing out the store. Although, the orange is pretty nice because I have matching shoes to go with it! YAY! lol… welp, I had fun doing this and I can’t wait to get started on my next project. (which will be sometime next week on my next off day from work)
Its college fashion because most of us are broke and for girls like me who love fashion… I have to find the best of the best deals! Anywho, this is one of my favorite discoveries. I love ASOS and boyy oh boyy I wish I can afford half of their clothes but I was looking through Dulcecandy’s blog and I fell in love with her bracelet and I had to get something like it soo I came upon the website that she mentioned she got it at (ASOS) and $14 for a bracelet.. I was kind of hesitant so I did my research and!!!
(this is Dulce’s picture that I got inspired by…. Ugh, I LOVE her!!!!)
(this is the one they sale at ASOS and it retails at 14.54 at ASOS.com)
BUT with some research you can get the same one on Ebay for 7.50 (well I got mines for 7.50 I think it runs about $7-$8 now or maybe cheaper!) I got mines here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Punk-Rock-Metal-Spike-Studs-Bracelet-Gold-Plated-Silver-Cone-Bangle-Cuff-Band-/260983825713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc3d92531
This is the one I purchased! I love it sooo much!
Spicyyy arm candy! Hope yall found it helpful! :)
Beauty & Skin. FUN!
What foundation you use?
- Revlon Colorstay for liquid foundation - (Shade: Golden Caramel for the summer, and Natural Tan during the winter and sometimes I mix both of em’ together)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC42 - OMG I thought I would hate wearing powder foundation but, now that my face is clearing up really good this is my new favorite go to! MY Holygrail!!
What’s your everyday make-up look?
- Usually I do concealer and powder and mascara! If, its a special occasion I LOVE doing a nuetral eye and a bold lip! Ohhh yahhh.
Favorite drug store products?
- ANY Wet N Wild products espicially there Megalast lipsticks!! They work soo good and there like 3 dollars apiece! I also love Revlon’s foundations and Maybellines mascara (Espeshhh’ Falsies!!)
- OHHH AND I LOVE LOVE Hard Candy’s (find it Walmart) Heavy Duty concealer it covers every thanggggg!! AND its only six dollars! I love it!
Favorite Lip products?
- MAC’s Honeylove is my baby! I went through too many tubes!
- Rimmel’s Airy Fairy<3
- WetNWild’s Barely There
- NYXX Thalia
- Revlon’s True Red
All time favorite Blush/Bronzer(s)?
- MAC’s Peachtwist and Gold Deposit
- WetNWild Illuminating Powder in Spolight Peach (#1 favorite!)
- NYC bronzer in Sunny
- I LOVE Biolage shampoo and conditioner but, they’re so fuckin expensive! ($25 a bottle) :(
- BUT, for the broke folks like ME I also LOVE L’Oreal EverPure Smooth shampoo and conditioner… its sulfate free so it doesn’t damage your hurrr!
- Big Sexy Hair Volume hair spray… I love to tease the shit out of my hair so this is good stuff.
- OHH and how can I for get Aussie’s 3 Minutre Miracle leave in conditioner… ITS SMELLS SOO YUMMY AND YOUR HAIR FEELS SO SOFT AFTERWARDS! <—— you have to invest!
- Conair’s Infinity Curling Hair Iron… <3
Skin Care products?
Befor I get started… I use to have HORRIBLE acne. Starting from 8th grade year til the beginning of my Junior year in high school. I’ve tried every damn thing and nothing worked until I went to Proactiv and that helped me CALM down my acne… it didn’t really clear up my skin neither did it broke me out either. It just tamed my crazy breakout due to my insane hormones. BUT when I tried to get off of it I broke out more than usual so I had to slowly get off of it… and eventually I found products that worked and these are it:
- Neutrogena’s 2N1 Cleanser/Mask face wash… it has benzyl peroxide which works better for my acne proned skin. (I use it Day and Night)
- Queen Helene Mint Julep mask! OHH MYY!! LOVE IT! lol
- Zapzyt for those stubborn ass pimples.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing CREAM. It doesn’t clog up my pores and my skin is hydrated throughout the day.
- Biore nose strips… not only are they fun but, they get rid of all the black heads and gunk that is not suppose to be there.
- Ponds make up wipes (the purple ones are my favorite)! These are the BEST make up wipes hands down! They even take off my waterproof mascara! I love love love it!
lol, I’m not a make up artist or anything I just LOVE hair and make-up… I’m a girl and its a habit/obsession! AND I NO I don’t wear make up everyday… there are days wear I’m bare faced but those are the days when I’m sick and dying! LMAO. But heyy ain’t nothing wrong with make-up just as long as your put it on the right way and don’t go too crazy like Rosie from the Drew Carey show, you gooood to go! :D
I bought a varsity jacket at XXI and I was so happy to find one with the letter “A” and it was PINK! I decorated with some Victoria Secrets Iron-on patches and I love it!
I put the heart on my sleeves… cause “I wear my heart on my sleeves.” Get it? Hehe. :)
DIY: High Waist Studded Shorts
So I bought some old Levi’s at the thrift for about $1.90 and decided to make some nice shorts! The look would look better if you can find high waist jeans but, hip huggers can do too.
First, try on the jeans and mark off how long you would like them to be. I decided to cut a couple of inches below my desired length so I can roll them up and just in case I mess up too.
Then, when you have both sides evened out how you want them to be.. try them on again and from there you can decide to roll, fray, or cut it some more if you like.
Then, TA-DA! Those are some nice lookin shorts ya thinkkk?! lol
The view from the back with my no booty ass. lol. Its a LIL’ something.
Well since I’m obsessed with studs why not pimp these bad boys out! =)
And five billion hours later… I’m done with ONE side. -___-‘
Final Product: Now you have your own bomb ass shorts and you saved yourself some big bucks! Have fun breakin’ necks with these.
Studs & Sun!
I got my hands on some studs and this is what I created… Not much but, I love it!
A very hot day at the park… Thank goodness I had my Toms with me, there was no way I was going to walk around the park with heels. Of course, the heels were just for the pictures lol.
My lovely work.
My Beautiful cousin Sofia is visiting for the summer and I had to play with her face! lol, I didn’t want to do much because she’s naturally beautiful; I just wanted to give her that “Ooomph!” All in all, she loved it! :)
Sally Hansen- Salon Effects Nail Strips
I picked these up for my Graduation day last weekend and I had many compliments on them. They work pretty amazing. Easy and Cute! I got mines on sale at Kroger’s for six dollars. And yes, I’ll be back for more.